‘Bruce Munro: Tropical Light’ is the first major event created for the tropical summer. This provides an excellent opportunity in promoting to potential visitors all the fun experiences there are to do in Darwin during that time. Sometimes those experiences are not found in a brochure which is why ‘Tropical Light’ went searching for six Darwin locals to become an ambassador and promote fun Darwin experiences.
Three of the Tropical Light Ambassadors have been announced. They are Nicole Brown, a proud Larrakia woman, Jerusha Harper-Ceylani, who identifies as someone with a young family and Cat Hart, an arts enthusiast.
We are still looking for 3 ambassadors who....
- Identify with at least one of the following descriptions:
- A person with a disability
- English as a second language
- Be 45+ years
- Lives in Darwin - either as a long term resident or have recently moved here
- Loves living in Darwin, particularly during the wet season
- Is excited about influencing people to travel to Darwin
- Be someone who regularly gets out and about and tries different experiences
- Wants to share those experiences publicly
As an ambassador you will....
- Be actively out and about
- Create content that captures your complete experience
- Share that content through your social channels publicly
Tropical light will....
- Create an ambassador profile of you
- Promote you as a Tropical Light Ambassador
- Share your content through the Tropical Light media, social channels and website
- Take you on a paid tourism experience, where the Tropical Light media crew will capture your experience to share
- Give you one free ‘Tropical Light’ event ticket where the Tropical Light media crew will capture your experience to share